Monday, February 2, 2009

Tummy Trouble!


2nd Update: Well it has been a mess here, to say the least! Monday night Brian started vomiting. Early Tuesday morning I started vomiting. Lucas continued to have diarrhea all through the night. Once I realized Brian and I were both ill I went upstairs to ask my Mom if it would be possible for her to stay home to help with Lucas and take him to the peds. I went upstairs to find out that she had been vomiting since 1am! What a disaster! I went back to bed, but not for long. I will spare you the details! By late morning I was driving myself to the ER, again! I was dehydrated and my potassium was low. I got some fluids, Zofran for the vomiting and potassium replacement. I felt a little better, but still really weak. Brian called the peds office and they didn't want to see Lucas because he didn't have any other symptoms and was keeping fluids down. Brian returned to work today. We are both still very weak and fatigued but the vomiting has stopped. Hopefully we will be better by the weekend. This week has been terrible!!

*Update: Add Brian to the list of "ones with tummy trouble." He is experiencing symptoms similar to mine. Perhaps I have a viral/bacterial thing...boy, we are having fun tonight!

Original Post:For the past week I have been dealing with some major tummy trouble. I have been experiencing sharp pains in my upper abdomen that radiate around to my back. Weird. They come and go and since I don't have a family doctor here I have been doing my best to ignore them. Saturday night I was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. By 9am on Sunday morning Brian and I were on our way to the ER. After many hours there my blood work and xrays came back normal. The doctor really couldn't give an explanation for the pain other than the possibility of spasms somewhere in the GI tract or maybe gallstones. Both of which would require further testing that could not take place on a Sunday. I received two shots for pain which was a little too much. I definitely think they over medicated me. I had to stay a little longer in the ER because my BP dropped and I became extremely nauseous. What fun!

When Brian called home to give my parents and update, we found out that Lucas was having blowout after blowout in his diaper and had already been given two baths. Geesh! Today the diarrhea continues with him, yet he is acting fairly normal. Poor kid. I don't think our belly troubles are related since my symptoms seem to be upper GI and Lucas' are lower. Hopefully, he will start feeling better tomorrow. Say a little prayer for him if you think of it. His little bootie is miserable!

Hope you all are doing better than us!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh no! I'll be praying for you guys. Feel better soon.

Kate said...

How are you guys doing now? We've been praying for you! Talk to you as soon as you're better.