I think we are in a funk! I am trying to get out of it, but it has just been one thing after another! First, it was a week in the hospital, bleh! I'm still trying to recover from it, although now I think I am feeling the side effects of the medication. My symptoms are being well controlled, but I feel awful. I am extremely tired, I don't sleep well at night, my legs ache and I am nauseated and achy when I wake up every morning. What do you do when the treatment is almost worse then the disease? One positive is that we have finally sold our house and if everything goes as planned we will close on March 20th. Yea! We were very excited to start looking for our own place. Brian called our bank to get the process of pre-approval for a home loan started. He was practically hung up on when he told them he was self-employed. Apparently no one will provide you a loan until you have 2 years worth of W2's to verify income. Why is everyone poopin' in our pool?! This is such a downer! After getting over this disappointment and coming to the conclusion that we have to rent, I started looking for rental homes in the area. I hopped onto Craigslist and stumbled across an ad for an awesome 4 bedroom home in the exact neighborhood we were wanting to buy in! The price was right and I was excited. I immediately emailed the owners and received an email back. The owners stated they were missionaries currently residing in Africa. A little weird, but I filled out the application and emailed them back requesting more details regarding an in town contact and how exactly we would pay rent to a person living in another country. We received an email back stating they wanted us to rent their home and please call them to start the process of getting the keys and paperwork. Brian actually phoned the guy, yes, we called Africa and I don't even want to know how much that cost us! Anyway, the man spoke with a heavy accent and asked us to send the deposit, which was refundable and they would send us the keys to look at the house. If we liked it, all we would have to do is send the first month rent and we could move in. The man also said that they left about 6 months ago and no one was currently living in the house. What this man didn't know is I am friends with the family who live right next door to the house in question. My friend told me there was a family currently living in the home, but they were renters. Another funny twist is the current renters are coworkers of another friend of mine. This was getting weird. Brian and I actually drove to the home today to find out the scoop from the current renters. Yes, we should be private investigators! Unfortunately, the renters were not at home. When we got back home Brian tried to call Africa again, but the phone call was not going through or the man was not answering. We sent him an email explaining what we found out and gave him a chance to explain. We are still awaiting his response. For some reason I don't think we are going to get one back. Brian did some more online research and actually found the legitimate rental site for the home. We viewed the pictures of the house and they were different from the ones listed on the Craiglist website. Brian called the owner of the property and she confirmed that it was a scam and stated something similar happened last year with Craigslist and the people actually lost money. Moral of the story, if sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Dang! More poop in our pool! This afternoon we contacted our realtor in Bloomington and he set us up with a local agent here in town. We are now looking into the possibility of a lease to own home. Our new realtor is going to do some research for us and hopefully find us some properties to look at. I guess nothing worthwhile is easy, but c'mon!! Can we catch a break? Anyone?!
After such a weird morning/afternoon we decided to get out of the house. Lucas took an early nap and woke up right about the time I was about to fall asleep. I didn't feel well this morning, but just sitting around the house was driving me nuts. I think Lucas is getting bored at home, too. Our schedule has been so wacky these past couple weeks. We decided to head to the mall to walk around and let Lucas play in the play area. I only took a few pictures. Lately he refuses to look at the camera or moves before I get the good smiley picture.
I guess I will wrap things up. Thanks for listening/reading my rant. I think I am done and I feel better. Blogging, its the new kind of therapy!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
In a funk?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! That really sucks about the rental! I have actually heard about that very scam on Oprah or something. I think it is just terrible that people do that kind of thing! Pretty sneaky!!! I am so glad that you guys figured it out before you sent the money, though! You guys are so smart!!! Maybe Brian should quit his day job and the two of you could open Faust & Faust PIs! :-)
I'm hoping and praying that you guys will find your own place soon! I'm sure the right place is out there somewhere!!
PS the 'everyone pooping in our pool' quote cracks me up!! :-)
oh my goodness... wowza. well im glad you didnt get scammed. i am also glad you are on the mend... boo to medication though. i feel your pain :( well sort of . . . i think you've got me beat ;) ill be praying for you that you would get none of those stupid side effects. i was just thinking today that its amazing what you take to get better but then all the while suffer through this weirdo side effects that take over your life... its puzzling.
Post a Comment