A week in the hospital can really take a toll. I came home yesterday afternoon. Today was great. Lucas was able to have Mommy and Daddy home with him. He woke up to both of us here ready to love on him. He was so sweet and came up to each of us and laid his head in our lap and said our name. I don't feel close to 100%. About 75%. When you spend a week in a hospital bed being pumped full of antibiotics, fluids, steroids and pain meds on top of the condition that landed you in the hospital in the first place it takes awhile to recover. My body feels like someone elses. The steroids make me feel restless, like my skin is crawling from head to toe. I am weak. I want to get back to being a wife and mommy. This morning we did some laundry and cleaning. Lucas was awesome and took a great nap so I could rest, then for the first time in a week I put a little makeup on and did my hair and we headed to the grocery store for a few things. Its nice to feel human again. Here are some pictures of us this evening. This mama missed her baby so much!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Finding our new "normal"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Were you able to get a diagnosis and a plan of attack? I'm SO glad to see you home loving on that baby boy again. I hope you feel 100% asap! I feel silly complaining about a lingering chest cold when you've been in the hospital!
Feel better. Lucas looks as big as you in these pictures. And I know he's not THAT big!
im so glad you are home! i can sort of relate, spending a few days in the hospital myself last week..... i'll be praying for you all to get back into the swing of things! im so glad you get to be home with your baby!
I am so glad that you are home!!! I hope you feel 100% soon. I'm praying for you!!!!
Post a Comment