Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gearing up for Valentine's Day!

I am so excited for Valentine's Day this year! I am not a huge Valentine's Day celebrator. At least not since elementary school when Valentines Day was awesome. I remember every year we made our Valentines Day card boxes or pouches. They were always decked out in glue, glitter and the finest heart shaped doilies! Picking out the perfect Valentines Day cards to give to your classmates was so fun and finally opening all your cards at the end of the day...one word..."awesome!"

I am so excited this year because my good friend Katy, or as Lucas likes to call her Auntie "Kitty" has volunteered to babysit Lucas while Brian and I go out to dinner. This is major league people. Brian and I rarely, I mean rarely go out just the two of us. Which is fine because I hate being away from Lucas. I honestly don't think we have been out to dinner without him since he was born. We have gone to less then a handful of movies since his birth and thats ok. I would much rather be with him then without him, but its good to have some couple time now and then. I've already made our dinner reservations at The Vine. Come on Feb. 14th! I'm ready!

3 comments:

Ryan and Lauren said...

That's great! Good for you guys, you deserve some time for just the two of you! We already have our V Day reservations, too...can't wait!

Khara Brooks said...

How nice! I know how you feel. Matt and I haven't been on a real date in YEARS! The last "real" date I remember with him was to the Emporium before Elijah was born almost 5 years ago! Pathetic! Enjoy your night out!!!

ReaganF said...

Yay!!! Have fun, you guys!!! Jim and I have started having twice weekly dates in our own house. We go down in the basement after the girls are in bed, and it's almost like being 'out,' but we're still home if the girls need us! :-) Last night we watched "We Are Marshall," which was really good by the way!