Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Tale of Pumpkin Guts and Little Lucas

We were planning to go to Zoo Boo today, but the weather was a little cool and it was super windy. Lucas has had a runny nose the past few days. He is working on cutting his fourth bottom tooth and rumor has it, it is molar time! I am not sticking my finger back there to find out, though! I have made that mistake before. Anyway, I didn't want to risk him catching a cold. Last thing I want is a sick, teething baby!
We decided today would be a good day to carve our pumpkins instead. Lucas had a great time. He is such a boy and didn't mind getting down and dirty with the pumpkin guts! He thought it was great fun to transfer the "guts" from the pumpkin to the bowl, or from the bowl to a cup, or from the bowl back to the pumpkin (see video). He was a riot to watch. I was amazed, he only tried to eat the seeds twice! After we cleaned out the pumpkins, Daddy began the long process of carving them. I gave Lucas a bath and then he took a nap.


"We gonna get started soon, Dad?"



"No, Dad! You do it like this!"

"Alrighty, lets do this!!"

"Yum, Pumpkin!"

"This is so weird!"
Working hard.......
"This. Is. AWESOME!!!!"
This is Lucas at the end of the cleaning process. Pumpkin guts
and seeds all over his legs and the butt of his onesie was soaked
and orange!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrific job in gutting the pumpkins Lucas. You are having too much fun! I will have to check them out the next time I'm over.

Aunt T.