Here are a few things, because I feel like blogging. Nothing of real importance, just me wanting to blog....
-I got gas for $3.28 a gallon today! Sad that I am excited about that price, but such are the times. Did you know gas was $1.47/gallon when Bush took office...chew on that for awhile.
-Lucas was so good in Walmart, today. Up until recently, he has always been a fantastic shopper. But seldom nowadays do we go shopping without at least one meltdown or whine fest.
-I am still amazed by the deliciousness that is Oscar Myer turkey dogs. I may even venture to say I enjoy them more than regular hot dogs!
-I have read a lot of blogs recently where people have posted that this is their "favorite" time of the year. I may be alone here, but I dread this time of year. Sure the leaves are pretty, the comfort foods are endless and the Holidays are unbeatable, but this time of year gives way to snow and cold. Two things I absolutely do not care for. I hate driving in snow and ice and stepping outside instantly chills me to the bone. I hate scrapping the snow and ice off my windshield in the morning. I also hate the "dryness" in the house. Fall and winter are ick!
-Betty Crocker makes a fantastic oatmeal cookie. I am smelling their yumminess right now. Oh, and if you are wondering raisins do not belong in cookies!!
-I will make cookies, brownies, cakes etc for the sole purpose of licking the bowl, beaters, spoon, etc. But, doesn't everybody? (yes, the oatmeal cookie dough is divine!)
-I love that Lucas will sit and "read" books alone for at least 15 minutes at a time
-Why am I so lazy that I cannot untie my shoes before I take them off?
-I hate dish water. I absolutely refuse to stick my hands in it without the protection of rubber gloves.
-The sight of wet bread in the sink makes me want to vomit.
-I can handle the sight of blood, poop, pee, vomit, snot, and just about every other bodily function except saliva & sputum. In nursing school, I saw a half full container that holds the "junk" you suck out of a persons tracheostomy and I just about tossed my cookies then and there! So gross!
-I can't stand when people claim to be Christians, but insist on judging others. Last I checked, the position of judge has been filled.
-I love that Lucas was just throwing a fit & I asked him if he needed to go "night-night" and he said "nigh-nigh" and pointed downstairs.
-I have yet to discover if I have any real talents. I don't think it is sports, I don't think it is arts & crafts, I certainly can't cook. I made a pretty cute baby, I wonder if that counts?
-I love my family and I love my friends.
-I love my life!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Some Randomness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Afraid to ask...what is sputum???
sputum = mucus or phlegm
Yes, making a cute baby totally counts! And, if you want to get away from the fall weather, we can totally trade places for any length of time. I am longing for the days that I can just leave the doors open and turn the air conditioner off. And as for leaves changing colors - doesn't happen here. We go from HOT, HOT summer to mild weather overnight with very little changing of the seasons. I miss Fall the most about Indiana. And I think the attitude here is opposite of the north - we hate the spring because it means summer's right around the corner along with its 115 degree horribleness whereas you all hate fall because it means winter's harshness is imminent. The grass is always greener, I guess. =) But I can tell you, the three days per year where scraping ice off the windows is necessary makes me think twice about wanting to move back up north. I cannot even imagine having to do that daily. Let alone shoveling snow in the driveway or having to bundle up a baby. Ugh!
I love the randomness!
Have you tried the Betty Crocker oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? They are my absolute favorite! And yes, making a pretty cute baby DOES count as a talent. Some people make pillows or pant pictures... you made an adorable PERSON! :)
Making cute babies totally counts as a talent...so does being a terrific mom (which you absolutely are!). I love randomness in blogging! I get rather random on my blog some days just because I feel like writing something!! :-)
Post a Comment