Monday, September 22, 2008

"You say Good Buy, I say Hello"

I hope everyone knows that Target commercial, otherwise, I am lame...Anyway, we wanted to let everyone know that Brian accepted a new position today. He will be taking over at Target Optical. Apparently, unlike Bloomington, there is a huge need for Optometrists in our area. Brian has had at least 5 offers to either take over a practice or become a permanent "fill in." Brian has decided to leave Walmart because of the low patient flow, which is to be expected in a new store. Unfortunately, it was not picking up like we had hoped it would. This Target is a Super Target, is established and continually growing. The store is about 3-4 years old and in a great location. We are positive this will be a great move. Brian has to give Walmart 60 more days, according to his contract, but will begin working for Target in 30. I am super excited to get our Target discount! Walmart did not offer Brian a discount..."cheap-o's!" I should not speak ill of Walmart, they do have pretty good prices on a lot of things we buy on a regular basis (diapers & wipes, especially!) So, that is the big news over here. Now, if only we could sell our house in Bloomington and move out of Mom & Dad's basement!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad Brian found a new position, and that you get a discount! I was in Target the other day and looked at the optical area and said a little prayer for you guys. I'm going to Kansas this weekend, but let's plan to hang out next week...

Alicia said...

Congratulations! I actually go to Target's optometrist in our area and LOVE them. And you'll get a Target discount?! That would be very dangerous for me. =)

ReaganF said...

Congrats to you both! I know it wasn't an easy decision to make...but isn't it nice to be so wanted! :-) Do family members get to use your Target discount too????? :-)