Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Quick update

It has been a week since my last post/update and what a week it has been! For those of you who don't know I went back to work last Wednesday. As much as I hated returning to the workforce it seemed all but necessary to do for the time being. Since Brian is an independent doctor he has no benefits. We have been researching private insurance plans and could not find anything affordable or even worth the high premiums. It seemed returning to work was the only option, especially given the slow start at Walmart. Although, I am happy to report that this is the grand opening week at the Vision Center and Brian has had a pretty full schedule...yea!! So, back to the job. I didn't really want to go back to nursing because I didn't want to leave Lucas at daycare all day. I thought a good compromise would be to work at a daycare, that way I could bring Lucas with me and see him during the day. I was hired on at Growing Kids, a great daycare here in South Bend. I was in a room with sweet little two year olds, so cute! Unfortunately, we only lasted three days! It was a tough schedule for both Lucas and I to adjust to. I ran a fever on and off the whole weekend and Lucas has had diarrhea since Saturday. I am not sure if his diarrhea is linked to the introduction of milk or if it is due to a case of C-diff that was reported in his daycare room. After talking with Brian we have found that financially things are looking up. He is pursuing several hot leads for additional work and already has several days of fill in work scheduled. With this financial turn of events and after speaking with our insurance agent we were able to find a good health insurance plan and I was able to return home with my boy, again. Yea!! It was harder then I thought to quit the job, even after only three days. I have never quit anything, I am a "people pleaser", darn it! I need to do what is right for my family and for Lucas. I know now that working 40 hours a week would have been too much. I would not have been able to give my job 100%, Lucas 100% or Brian 100% and I think those kids at that daycare deserve more then what I could give and of course my family deserves all of me and I am happy to give it to them! So, I am happy to be home and give so much credit to those mom's out there who have to work full time and still have the energy to care for their families! I will never take for granted this opportunity to be at home with Lucas and any future children. A big thanks to our Sugar Daddy, Brian! We love you!!

No comments: