Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Home


I'm sure Rach will have something to post about soon, but I thought I'd jump on here and post about our house (and provide some pictures which have been requested). After waiting about 10 months, our townhouse in Bloomington finally sold this past March. Until that point, we had been living with Rach's parents. Luckily, their house is big enough that it was able to accommodate Rach, Lucas, Pacey, and I without the feeling that we were on top of each other. We are so very lucky to have had the opportunity to live there, because I can't honestly say what other options we would have had. (Thanks Alex and Deb!!) However much we appreciated living there, we were still very much ready to be in our own place.

Once we sold the house we were able to start looking around. A big speed bump occurred when I found out from my bank that because I'm technically self-employed (as an independent optometrist) I'm not eligible for a mortgage loan until I've been working for 2 years! Let's just say that took the wind right out of our sails... After very briefly looking into the option of renting (which I'll post about later if we haven't already blogged about our encounter with a real estate scam), we were lucky enough to find an opportunity to enter into a lease-purchase agreement. This agreement gets us into the house, we pay the sellers so much rent per month, and part of that rent will be put toward the purchase of the house. Once my two years are reached, then we can go ahead and get the loan to buy the house. I won't bore you with the complicated details, but let's just say it took a while to nail down the specifics of the contract... After all that was done, we finally got to move into our house the last week in April. We got ourselves settled in, but Rach wanted me to stress that we are definitely a long way from being done in terms of decorating. So keep that in mind when you see the pictures of the inside. Also, I photoshop'd some pictures together to show more of the rooms inside, so bear with me on the quality of my work...


Back of House

Living Room

Dining Room (Converted into Lucas's Playroom)

Office

Kitchen
Family Room
Stairs (with Pacey in one of his favorite spots)

Master Bedroom (upstairs)

Lucas's Room (upstairs)

Spare bedrooms upstairs (empty except for the bed you see on the left)

1 comment:

Khara Brooks said...

It's beautiful! Congrats to you guys!