Well, Crohn's disease has put Rach back in the hospital as of Thursday night... Lucas copes fairly well, but things are just not right without his mommy home. That goes for me, too (obviously). We've been blessed to have wonderful parents on both sides help us out in our time of need. We got Rach's mom out of bed Thursday night so I could rush Rach to the emergency room, and she came over to stay with Lucas until around 3am (after I took Rach to the hospital, they ran tests on her, and admitted her). Early saturday morning my parents drove up and spent the day with Lucas so I could go to work. Lucas had a ball with Memaw and Papa, as always, but he still will go into a mode where all he'll do is ask for Rach and look for her. We really don't know what we'd do without the love and support of our family.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
I Miss My Mommy...
Unlike the first time Rach had to be hospitalized due to the Crohn's, this time wasn't nearly as severe, and she didn't have to have the N-G tube up her nose. Last time we didn't want to bring Lucas to see her in the hospital because #1 we worried about him getting scared at how Rach looked with the tube in her nose, and #2 we were worried he'd try to pull it out. Without the tube this time, he's been able to see Rach at least once each day (Friday and Saturday).
We're very hopeful that Rach can come home tomorrow. She's had her food slowly re-introduced to her (with bowel problems they can't just go straight back to normal food or the condition can revert back and make things worse), but she progressed pretty quickly today. She's pretty much back to normal food, so when the doctor sees her tomorrow morning we are pretty sure he'll send her home.
Lucas and I very badly miss having his mommy at home, so we can't wait until she's back. I went back and found some older pictures with Lucas and his Mommy... Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Aww..I'm so sorry that Rachel's back in the hospital. Hope she's home and healthy again very soon!
oh my goodness, im so sorry shes back in the hospital again! im glad she is doing much better this time, but heres hoping that from here on out she just keeps getting healthier! you are all in my prayers!!! i hope she comes home really soon.
Oh no! We're praying for you in Texas. I hope you're already home and feeling much better.
Post a Comment