Saturday, June 28, 2008

Oh, hail no!


Crazy, crazy weather! On Father's Day Mishawaka was hit by a major hail storm. The pictures below show the crazy scene at my parents house. My mom, dad, Lucas and I were all out to dinner when the storm hit. It started with a light rain that escalated to a down pour of hail ranging in size from a pea to a golf ball! Let me just say, golf ball size hail is very loud and very scary! Unfortunately, my car took a pretty good beating! The day after the storm Lucas and I waited for two hours for our estimate. It was a grand total of $1400! Later in the week Brian and I got a call from our insurance company stating they wanted to have someone from the company do an estimate. Brian and I immediately thought they didn't want to pay that much for the repair. The great news is, they estimated the damage at over $3,000! They think my entire hood should be replaced! Hooray, for State Farm! Luckily, we only have to pay a $250 deductible!



The drive way when we returned home

The Yard


The side of the house


Brian's truck


Lucas holding a piece of hail, right before trying to eat it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did your truck get any damage?